Ready to dive into the magical world of wedding bouquets that scream YOU? Buckle up buttercup, because we're about to embark on a journey to create a bouquet that's as unique as your love story. It's not just about flowers; it's about crafting a masterpiece that reflects your style and personality. If you're on the hunt for floral inspiration, you're in the right place.
1. Seasonal Splendor - Because Mother Nature Knows Best: Let's kick things off with a nod to Mother Nature. Are you saying "I do" in the bloom-filled freshness of spring, the warm embrace of summer, the cozy hues of fall, or the crisp elegance of winter? Your wedding bouquet can dance with the seasons, featuring peonies, sunflowers, dahlias, or even a touch of evergreen.
2. Colors that Speak Your Love Language: Who needs a color wheel when you've got your heart to guide you? Your bouquet's color palette is your personal love language. Whether it's a soft pastel symphony, a bold burst of vibrant hues, or a classic white-and-green affair – let your heart and your wedding theme lead the way. It's all about the colors that make your heart skip a beat.
3. Sentimental Blooms: What's your love story without a touch of sentimentality? Infuse your bouquet with blooms that hold a special place in your heart. Maybe it's the flower your partner gave you on your first date or the bloom that symbolizes a cherished memory. Your bouquet becomes a living, breathing story of your journey together.
4. Wedding Themes - Rustic Elegance, Boho Chic, Traditional Elegance, Whimsical Wonder: If you're all about that rustic charm, wildflowers, baby's breath, and a touch of eucalyptus might be your floral soulmates. Picture a loosely arranged bouquet, a bit untamed, and absolutely breathtaking. Classic blooms never go out of style. Roses, lilies, and peonies are the timeless classics that exude sophistication and grace. Whether you opt for a round, hand-tied bouquet or experiment with a cascading arrangement, classic is always a good idea.
5. Non-Floral Additions and Textures: Who says a bouquet has to be all about flowers? Let's introduce non-floral elements that elevate your bouquet game to a whole new level. Incorporate feathers, berries, or even delicate branches for an ethereal, woodland feel. Don't forget about thistles and succulents! Think outside the floral box and let your imagination run wild. The result? A bouquet that's a sensory masterpiece, a true work of art. Finish it off with a colorful silk ribbon or keep your loved ones close by with a locket wrapped around the stems.
6. Faux Florals: Let's face it; real flowers are expensive. You don't need to break the bank when it comes to your bouquet and you don't need live flowers to make it magical. There are many upsides to opting for silk florals! For starters, you get to keep it forever! Secondly, you're able to pick the exact flowers you want since some types of flowers are only seasonal. These babies are available year round! They are also allergy friendly. With the cost of weddings, more and more companies are designing unique faux floral bouquets that look like the real deal. I'll make a list of those companies down below. Ask your planner or florist if they rent artificial florals for centerpieces. That can help save money and still have something swoon worthy.
7. Zero Flowers That Wow: Brooch bouquets add sentimental, vintage vibes. Make a date of antique shop hopping to gather the perfect pieces or get in touch with your family members for your "something borrowed". These babies are heavy but will wow everyone. Vintage not fitting your vibe? Opt for non-floral bouquets that are bursting with butterflies, pampas grass, or even fruits.
8. Keep It Green: Opting for a wedding bouquet comprised solely of greenery, such as ferns and eucalyptus, offers a myriad of benefits that contribute to both aesthetic appeal and environmental consciousness. Firstly, the lush and verdant arrangement adds a touch of natural elegance, creating a visually stunning accessory for the bride. The simplicity and timeless beauty of greenery also complement various wedding themes, from rustic to modern, ensuring versatility in design. Moreover, choosing a greenery-only bouquet aligns with eco-friendly practices, as these plants are sustainable and biodegradable. Unlike traditional floral arrangements, greenery often requires less maintenance and can be repurposed, reducing waste. This environmentally conscious choice not only reflects a commitment to nature but also sets a positive example for sustainable wedding practices, making it a thoughtful and stylish option for couples looking to make a statement on their special day.
As promised, here are a few favorite online shops that provide everlasting, faux florals:
And for my lovelies who prefer dried flowers:
Etsy also has an incredible selection from talented small businesses.
New Mexico florists that I love:
Artichokes & Pomegranates Albuquerque Florist Enchanted Florist
Dallas/Fort Worth florists that I adore:
Lilium Floral Design
Dr. Delphinium Justine's Flowers
Blushington Blooms Kate McLeod Studio
Pick-a-Daisy Floral Design Studio
Andy's Floral Events
Last but not least... my favorite place in the world and where I spend TOO DAMN MUCH MONEY:
TRADER JOE'S!!! This is the perfect place for the do it yourselfers. The blooms are so affordable and they offer a huge variety of blooms, greenery, and textures. My little sister and several of my brides have done their entire wedding with flowers from TJ's.